Sometimes, an audio file won't play because of your browser or computer settings, problems with the Internet connection, or compatibility problems with the audio itself. In short, there are many reasons why an audio file may not play.
What to do when the audio won't play:
Whenever you can't play an audio file:
- Abandon that task and take a new one.
- Check your internet connection is working properly.
- Verify that the sound of your computer is working correctly.
- Delete the cache or try changing the browser.
- Pressing the recoil button and the replay button again.
- Sometimes, depending on the connection, you may have to wait about 10-15 seconds since you open the transcript to play it correctly.
When you should abandon the task:
Always: If you can't complete the transcription because the audio won't play, abandon the task by clicking the Abandon task button.
Abandon a task not only when the audio won't play but also if it is too difficult for you or if you just changed your mind and you no longer want to do it or if something unexpected came up. Abandoning a task doesn't incur any penalties, so don't worry.